I'm afraid to admit it because it just seems weird. But here goes. I'm a drink addict. Not an alcoholic, mind you (far from it, actually). At the moment, I'm working on a milk tea, and I'm thinking of having another one without sugar when I finish this cup.
As a kid, I bored easily with chewing food. I hated chewing (weird, right?), and sometimes I'd just give up mid-chew with food idling in my mouth. This laziness lead to some dinner-time show-downs and perhaps to my proclivity for choosing bread and vegetables over meat. Anyways, I always knew that I preferred almost anything in a liquid to almost anything in a solid.
I eventually outgrew my disgust for the work side of eating and whole-heartily embraced "real" food, but I still love liquids, a little too much. It's unsurprising, then, that I have tried quite a number of local drinks - from brews to salty yogurt to brown rice green tea white mustache sensha (yes, all 1 drink there) - many of which were delicious and some of which might actually bring a dead bird back to life.
There are two distinct winners in the "Worst Liquid Ever Imbibed" categories. 1 alcoholic and 1 non. The winner for the alcoholic WLEI award is Shake-Shake from Zambia. Think of chunky milk that has been left out for a while to ferment then boxed up nicely to drink. That's Shake-Shake, or at least the public-forum friendly description of it. For the non-alcoholic category, the WLEI award belongs to yak butter tea from Tibet. The picture below actually makes it look appealing, but even if a person has read 3 Cups of Tea (and she has), this stuff is undrinkable. A truly harsh verdict coming from me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Right there with you on the WLEI awards! Also, I miss the brown rice green tea white mustache sensha store!
So sad that the purple corner store is now gone...Shantou, Shantou
Post a Comment