Bumming around the world as a professional English teacher takes it's toll on a person, mind, body, and soul. Along the way, we pick up languages and customs, bouts of food poisoning, and friends. I've also discovered that I've picked up more than a few bad, or simply odd, habits. The habits I've developed are purely of my own device; I wouldn't attribute these to culture's influence, necessarily. They're more the products of circumstance, necessity, and lack of options. Here they are, to the extent that I can recall:
China
1. stir fry
2. laundry on the line
3. not exercising as often
4. walking & busing
5. 2 hour lunches
6. sharing food at meals
7. watching t.v. shows online
8. tea
9. taking my time at the grocery store
10. limited AC
Zambia
11. leaving food out and open
12. salt and vinegar chips
13. eating with hands
14. walking
15. "iwe"
16. not leaving the house after dark
17. cokes with sugar
18. always being on the look-out for pick-pockets
19. bringing food to share at work
20. solitaire on my iPod
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment