In the last two days, I have received two, three-month-old kittens. One boy and one girl. They are siblings. It's now 3:30 a.m., and the only way to keep the little boy from crying is to sit up with him in the living room. There were some initial worries about a missing girl, but she was just well-hidden under the couch. Then there was the coaxing of the boy down from the ledge of my fifth floor balcony. There was also the constant crying of the boy when he arrived, and it seemed to stop once I got him in the same place as his sister, Fizz. This early morning, however, he doesn't seem so satisfied with sibling love. I'm guessing he misses his mommy. Strangely enough, no amount of petting or holding seems to help. NO. He simply wants me to be AWAKE and in the same room. Ugh...... The crying has finally stopped, and I imagine my neighbors are extremely happy about that. I'd really love to be asleep. Anyone who knows me knows I do NOT function very well on much less than seven hours of sleep. Alas, what we'll do for our babies.
I'm still working on a name for this boy. Both kittens are white. Fizz, the girl, has brown eyes, and the boy has blue eyes. They look a little bit like aliens with their pointy heads and huge triangle ears, but they're so cute.
Oh no, it looks like another round of crying might begin. Sigh....wonder how long this will last. I might have to find someone else's apartment to sleep in if this continues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw.....sweet babies. Keep us posted - I'd love to know their names! Fizz and Fuzz, maybe? =)
Post a Comment